To keep your body clean and lean you need to stay away from refined carbohydrate and high sugar snacks – keep things fresh and high protein where possible.
I find my vegetarian clients struggle with getting enough protein in their diet so I have put together some healthy snack ideas!!
- 1 apple plus sunflower seeds.
- Low fat soya yogurt with berries and pine nuts
- Avocado and tomato slices on rice cakes
- 1 fresh tomato cut into thin slices with 1/2 teaspoon of basil pesto to top
- Miso soup
- rice cakes toppes with peanut butter and banana
- Fresh figs or any soft fruit peaches/plums/pears – 1 piece
- Berry smoothie with either soya or almond milk– with 1 scoop protein powder (optional) – no banana’s after breakfast.
- Sliced carrots and cucumber with hummus
- Cottage cheese with fruit and cinnamon
- Nakd bars – www.naturalbalancefoods.co.uk/nakd
- Pre cooked and marinated tofu – not the soft stuff – you need to be able to slice this. Eat on its own or have with hummus and rice cakes